EXCEL BOATS LAUNCH NEW VIRAGO 520 AT SOUTHAMPTON BOAT SHOW 2018
New rigid inflatable boat (RIB) makes its world debut at the show's 50th anniversary year.
Leading inflatable boat company Excel Boats chose TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show 2018 to launch its latest new craft - the Excel Virago 520.
Unveiled for the first time at stand E074, the rigid inflatable boat heralds a joint initiative between Seacrest Design and Excel's quality engineering and construction plant to produce a new unique craft for the recreational and commercial market.
The new Virago features a new fabricated aluminium hull combined a semi deep 'v' planning profile and increased beam/length ratio to provide an unrivalled internal area. The result is an incredible 10-person crew capability wrapped up in a 5.2 metre lightweight craft with enviable handling in virtually all sea conditions.
The hull, constructed in Marine grade 5083 corrosion resistant alloy - chromate plated and powder coated - has been married to Excel's high performance Hytex tubes for the debut model.
The class leading 1,200kg loading capacity will ensure the Virago 520 will become the first choice for buyers seaking increased space and safety. Diving and safety boat operators will provide the increased floor plan area provides a work platform previously only available on a 6 metre plus craft.
Excel Boats owner, Terry Wright said: "The Virago 520 represents a huge leap forward for our company. We now lead the field in the development of new construction opportunities. The new 520 heads our range of lightweight alloy RIBS and inflatables which our company is proud to showcase at the 50th Southampton Boat Show."
Excel Boats offer a full, cost effective, 'bespoke design' service providing customers with flexible options to customise to adapt to suit individual needs.
Visitors are invited to drop by the stand to view 17 boats on display, or visit excel-inflatables.co.uk for more information.
Excel Virago specifications:
- Overall Length = 520cm
- Inside Length = 410cm
- Overall Width = 245cm
- Inside Width = 132m
- Tube Diameter = 55cm
- Chambers = 5
- CE Category = C
- Person Capacity = 10
- Seats Included = N/A
- Loading Capacity = 1210kg
- Max Power (TILLER) KW/HP = N/A
- Max Power (REMOTE) KW/HP = 75 / 100
- Max Engine Weight = 169kg
- Engine Shaft Length = LONG
- Boat Weight = 212kg
- Deck and Hull = ALUMINIUM
- Max TUBE Pressure INFL = 0.25 Bar
- Tube Fabric (Hytex) = 1690 / 1.2MM
Notes to Editors
- Excel Boats use leading design and traditional construction methods to produce an extensive range of high specification inflatable boats & RIBs.
- The company's premises at Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands houses a spacious showroom of the complete range of Excel Inflatable boats alongside a range of outboard engines. Current appointments include Suzuki, Mercury, Mariner, Tohatsu, Vector and Evinrude.